This past week, I had a book to write and upload by Friday. Plus, I had a book to finish editing for another author, and another author’s book to wrap up. I finished the first two efforts. Yesterday, after I uploaded the book and edited a number of pages, I looked around for something to do to de-stress.
Binge-watching TV wasn’t going to do it. So, I sat with the paints already on my watercolor palette and painted. It’s similar to my last painting, which meant I didn’t have to overthink the project. Plus, once I finished it, I figured out I like doing these vases of flowers, so I might do a series of them with different color schemes as a “Destress Florals” initiative. 🙂
So, it’s not perfect. I do these things without really thinking them through, and both have had huge empty bottoms. Something to correct in the next one I attempt. Still, I like it. I think it will look lovely glued inside a junk journal.
I used khadi paper (because I love the clothlike texture), Daniel Smith watercolors, a Micron black pen, and a white Posca pen.